On 19 May 2010, Phu Cuong Group held a splendid inauguration ceremony for Hung Cuong Seafood Processing & Imp-Export Joint-stock company (Hung Cuong) at Thanh My Village, Thanh Duc Ward, Long Ho District, Vinh Long Province. This is the most recent factory of Phu Cuong Group with the total investment of VND 200 billion (around USD 10.5 million) with state-of-the-art facilities in Vinh Long Province.
The project was started its implementation in July 2007 and completed the construction and installation of facilities in May 2009. The commissioning period started on 19 May 2009 for one year.
Located in the middle of materials zones, good for the combinations with other plants of PCG in the Mekong Delta in terms of processing know-how, materials and manpower, Hung Cuong takes advantages in the location which is near to Ho Chi Minh City, the commercial hub of the southern Vietnam, for business transactions as well as shipments.
Sizes of the buildings:
• Office building: 1,000 sqm, well equipped with modern office facilities and well-trained staff
• Processing areas: 10,000 sqm, the processing lines are well accommodated for 2000 workers, certified European standard (EU code: DL430)
• Supporting facilities areas: 4,000 sqm, accommodated for compressors, maintenance workshop
• Internal roads and corridors: 6,000 sqm, well managed for goods handling as well as fire protection
• Landscape: friendly environment
• Cold storage: capacity of 4,000 tons
• IQF system: consists of 8 most modern belt conveyors with the capacity of 500kg/hour/conveyor, ensuring the total freezing capacity (for IQF items) of 100 tons/day (product based)
• Contact freezers consist of 4 sets with capacity of 1,500kg/shift/2-hour/each, providing the total freezing capacity (for block items) of 80 tons/day (product based)
• Flake ice machine, capacity of 100 tons/day
• Cold water supply with the capacity of 40 cubic meters per hour
• Air conditioning system provides room temperature at 200 C, good enough for the total processing area accommodated for 2,000 workers.
The plant is designed for the processing of frozen pangasius and frozen shrimp products in various forms
• Pangasius: 60 tons/day (material based)
• Shrimp: 180 tons/day (material based)
Next phase investments:
The company has prepared a plan and submitted it to the local authorities for license of construction of a condominium providing accommodations for 500 workers. The condominium is planned to be located next to the plant. This will attract more labor from other locals to come and work for Hung Cuong thanks to the company’s outstanding support, especially to the skilled workers, on a long term basis.
Hung Cuong is the youngest brother in the PCG family. It has utilized utmost the experiences in design, equipment selection and management from the establishments of PCG’s previous plants and therefore is virtually the best plant of PCG. This once again has confirmed the leading position of PCG in the Vietnam’s fisheries industry.